Our task is to provide one of the most vital pre-requisites of life, that is clean and healthy drinking water. We must also protect and take good care of our water base and to rechannel the water coming from deep wells into nature using the most effective environment friendly solutions possible. Our activities predestine us to be environment-conscious, which plays a key role in our Company’s activity.
One of these environment-conscious tools is the introduction of quality management and environmental management systems, which enable us to provide services that satisfy EU requirements.
Since the introduction of these systems, we have continuously met international standards, and our activities are audited annually.
- We perform our activities in a manner that enable us to meet the requirements of environment regulations, standards and decrees.
- Since the year 2000, we have been collecting paper, glass and plastic selectively at our Company with the aim of recycling them.
- In 2001, we articulated and started applying our Quality and Environment Policy Statement.
- In 2010 we expanded the policy with drinking water safety elements, in 2016 with the introduction of the Energy Management System (ERMS), we also documented the most important requirements of the ERMS system in the policy.
- In 2022, with the introduction and operation of the Anti-corruption standard, the policy was supplemented with elements related to the 37001 standard: Quality, environmental, energy management and anti-corruption policy. Quality, environmental, energy management and anti-corruption policy
- We collect our waste in an orderly manner, have it transported by the authorized contractor, keep records, and fulfill our annual reporting obligation.
- We collect our hazardous waste in a separate storage area and have it transported annually by a carrier with the appropriate environmental protection license.
- The significant environmental impacts of our Company's operations are regularly reviewed and evaluated annually.
- Biological wastewater treatment plants operate in Szeged and Algyő.
- The biggest environmental protection investment in Szeged in recent years was the sewer construction program supported by ISPA, as well as the construction of the Szeged Municipal Biological Wastewater Treatment Plant.